Thursday, September 13, 2007

Myers-Briggs Personality Type

I have been out of the blogging for much of the summer so I just today found a personality type inventory site on my friend Keith's blog.

So I took it...

Click to view my Personality Profile page

I would have described myself as somewhat stretched between the introverted and extroverted. I also would have guessed the sensing/intuitive and the thinking/feeling as a balance between the two extremes. The outcome on the judging/perceiving line really blew me away... and I'm not quite sure what it even means yet!

According to the web site judging (NOT judgmental by the way) looks like this:

Judging (J) Judging is the preference outwardly displayed. Judging does not mean "judgmental". Judging people like order, organization and think sequentially. They like to have things planned and settled. Judging people seek closure. Judging Characteristics:

whereas perceiving looks like this:

Perceiving (P)Perceiving is the preference outwardly displayed. Perceiving people are flexible, like to keep their options open and think randomly. They like to act spontaneously and are adaptable. Perceivers like to keep things open ended. Perceiving Characteristics:

OK, based on THOSE descriptions, I guess I'm more on the perceiving end of things... although I have developed strategic ways of coping with that propensity... such as regular comparing of calendars with both my wife and my secretary & using a Palm Pilot to give the alarm when I'm supposed to do something... just in case I get so involved in a project that I lose track of time.

Anyone else take this test? Willing to share? How accurate did you find it? Did it affect you in any way?

1 comment:

Keith H. McIlwain said...

You & I aren't too different.